In a significant move, President Bola Tinubu has unveiled a new cabinet lineup, shaking up the political landscape with strategic appointments. Notably, former Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has been tapped to lead as the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), a position of immense responsibility.
In another pivotal decision, Festus Keyamo has been entrusted with the critical role of overseeing the Aviation Ministry, a post that holds great significance for the nation’s transportation and connectivity networks.
The President’s choices extend beyond Wike and Keyamo, with a selection of accomplished individuals who are set to contribute their expertise to various key sectors. Wale Edun steps into the role of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, bringing his extensive financial acumen to bear on the nation’s economic strategies.
Adegboyega Oyetola, known for his effective governance, is tasked with leading the Transportation Ministry, while David Umahi takes the reins of the Works Ministry, a role pivotal for infrastructure development.
In a notable double appointment, Festus Keyamo’s portfolio also encompasses Aviation and Aerospace Development, emphasizing the administration’s focus on bolstering the nation’s aviation capabilities.
Betta Edu, an advocate for social welfare, assumes the vital role of Minister for Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, reflecting the government’s commitment to uplifting vulnerable segments of society.
Ajuri Ngelale, the Presidential spokesman, officially confirmed these pivotal appointments during a press conference held at the Aso Rock presidential villa on Wednesday, underscoring the administration’s dedication to transparency and effective governance.
See the full list below:
- Minister of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy, Bosun Tijani
- Minister of State, Environment and Ecological Management, Ishak Salaco
- Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy Wale Edun
- Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Bunmi Tunji
- Minister of Power, Adedayo Adelabu
- Minister of State, Health and Social Welfare, Tunisia Alausa
- Minister of Solid Minerals Development, Dele Alake
- Minister of Tourism, Lola Ade-John
- Minister of Transportation, Adegboyega Oyetola
- Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Doris Anite
- Minister of Innovation Science and Technology, Uche Nnaji
- Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Nkiruka Onyejeocha
- Minister of Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy
- Minister of Works, David Umahi
- Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo
- Minister of Youth, Abubakar Momoh
- Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Betta Edu
- Minister of State, Gas Resources, Ekperikpe Ekpo
- Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, Heineken Lokpobiri
- Minister of Sports Development, John Enoh
- Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike
- Minister of Art, Culture and the Creative Economy, Hannatu Musawa
- Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru
- Minister of State Defence, Bello Matawalle
- Minister of State Education, Yusuf T. Sunumu
- Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Ahmed M. Dangiwa
- Minister of State, Housing and Urban Development, Abdullah T. Gwarzo
- Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, Atiku Bagudu
- Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory, Mairiga Mahmud
- Minister of State, Water Resources and Sanitation, Bello M. Goronyo
- Minister of Agriculture and Food Security, Abubakar Kyar
- Minister of Education, Tahir Maman
- Minister of Interior, Sa’Idu A. Alkali
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Yusuf M. Tuggar
- Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Ali Pate
- Minister of Police Affairs, Ibrahim Geidam
- Minister of State, Steel Development, U. Maigari Ahmadu
- Minister of Steel Development, Shuaibu A. Audu
- Minister of Information and National Orientation, Muhammed Idris
- Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi
- Minister of Labour and Employment, Simon B. Lalong
- Minister of State, Police Affairs, Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Minister of Special Duties and Inter-Govermental Affairs, Zephaniah Jisalo
- Minister of Water Resources and Sanitation, Joseph Utsev
- Minister of State, Agriculture and Food Security, Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi
- Minister of Environment and Ecological Management, (Kaduna)