President Bola Tinubu has given his approval for the appointment of five new Senior Special Assistants (SSAs) to work within the Media and Publicity Directorate of the Office of the President. This decision aligns with the principles of Nigeria’s federal character and the meritocracy of the candidates.
The newly appointed SSAs are as follows:
- Mr. Fela Durotoye – Senior Special Assistant to the President for National Values & Social Justice.
- Mr. Fredrick Nwabufo – Senior Special Assistant to the President for Public Engagement.
- Mrs. Linda Nwabuwa Akhigbe – Senior Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Communications.
- Mr. Aliyu Audu – Special Assistant to the President for Public Affairs.
- Mr. Francis Adah Abah – Personal Assistant to the President for Special Duties.
In addition to these appointments, President Tinubu has also approved the secondment of Mrs. Linda Nwabuwa Akhigbe to serve as the Communications Adviser to the President of the ECOWAS Commission.
The Presidential spokesman emphasized the need for all new appointees within the Media & Publicity Directorate to maintain the highest standards of decorum and decency in their interactions with the public. They are expected to contribute to President Tinubu’s efforts to rekindle hope among Nigerians, foster a restructured economy, and promote a unified society that caters to the diverse needs of the population, irrespective of differences.